Amnesiac and her laptop are upstairs at Upstairs Auntie’s place.
As Upstairs Auntie walks past she sees the picture of the great Alexandrian poet and bad spectacles-chooser Cavafy which crowns the last post.
Upstairs auntie: [Squinting and frowning] Dah meen dah? [Who is that?]
Upstairs: Meen? Gaddafy?? [Who? Qaddafy?]
Amnesiac: La2. CAVAAAFFFFYYY.
Upstairs: Sbelleeh keda [Spell it]
Upstairs: Cavafy…aaaahh [a lightbulb seems to light up]
Amnesiac: [Encouraged] Te3rafeeh? [Do you know him?]
Upstairs: La2. [No]
- A Confederacy of Dunces
- The Book Of Night Women
- This Book Will Save Your Life
- One Hundred Years of Solitude
- Tuesday's Gone (Frieda Klein, #2)
- Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism: The Belief System That Enables Us to Eat Some Animals and Not Others
- Things Fall Apart
- The Ogre's Embrace (Emerging Voices (Quartet))