- The Book Of Night Women
- This Book Will Save Your Life
- One Hundred Years of Solitude
- Tuesday's Gone (Frieda Klein, #2)
- Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism: The Belief System That Enables Us to Eat Some Animals and Not Others
- Things Fall Apart
- The Ogre's Embrace (Emerging Voices (Quartet))
- Who Will Run The Frog Hospital?
- The Accidental Tourist
Monthly Archives: April 2013
Look at this unpleasant little thing by that gossiping hairdresser that calls itself a newspaper, Youm7. Some lascivious shithead with a zoom lens – and I bet something else zooming – surreptitiously filmed a couple stealing a kiss in a … Continue reading
The Al-Masry Al-Youm Corporation is “downsizing” Egypt Independent where downsizing means shafting, and this evening it used Egypt Independent’s mailing list to send out a statement. Unfortunately unfamiliarity with this kind of thing meant that they left some things out. … Continue reading
Last week I got a ride with Cairo’s coldest taxi driver, an ancient man who drove his car like nobody else exists and dealt with the consequent verbal assaults with a maddening composure: while the driver next to him flailed … Continue reading
On Sunday I went out with a colleague to get reactions to the Bassem Youssef investigation. In a taxi on the way to Imbaba we asked the driver his opinion and in a serendipitous convergence, the taxi driver declared that … Continue reading
Newsletter no. 1 from The Prosperity and Love Association.